Investing in people, making a difference
Dreamstore Academy offers coaching courses to those who already work within education, youth and community. Is this course for me? Our reasoning was that the fastest means of maximising social investment is to create capacity;
- to develop angling coaching skills among those with ready access to young people and vulnerable adults, parents, disabled, and a wide range of social groups
- the qualification is carried through the career or involvement of the qualified individual
Since opening, around 200 individuals have achieved a Level 2 coaching qualification through Dreamstore Academy, from all over the country.
We’d like to see the Academy deliver on a regional basis or for a particular programme, to build ‘clusters’ of coaches that:
- will tend towards mutual support
- will assist expansion of existing or growth of new projects
- will support engagement in coach intensive programmes such as Dreamstore’s Education Action Zone
Dreamstore Academy is now an accredited delivery centre for SQA and offers two Units in coaching angling, mapped to UKCC outcome standards, and is the most advanced Level 2 standard coaching angling course in the UK. Uniquely it offers a Coaching Disability module.
The Level 2 qualification has been used to expand or initiate programmes/projects, which are many and varied: addressing disability, cultural diversity, adult education, alcohol and drug rehabilitation, families, ex-servicemen.
Dreamstore UK has supported a number of its graduates in the development of local projects or programmes. The impressive social outcomes from Dreamstore Academy shows the benefit of coaching to a wide selection of projects, programmes and activities.
There are a limited number of places on a first come, first served basis.
Apply online and register your interest here for a place at a Dreamstore Academy.