An update on our planning for Dreamstore Day, to be held on Saturday 26th March 2011 at Haydock Park Racecourse.
Dreamstore Day is FREE to any group or individual who is active in education, youth, or community activity, using angling as a means of engaging with others, either on one-one or group basis.
Dreamstore Active has teamed up with Dreamstore Academy, Dreamstore UK, and the British Disabled Angling Association, to bring you a special Dreamstore Day to include the Dreamstore Active Awards. This is a unique event for the voluntary sector.
We have a superb programme prepared:
- There will be an overview of the new Equality Act 2010, which changes responsibilities for everyone, but isn’t something to be feared;
- A session on what to do when you find yourself in the position of ‘role-model’, something that can happen unexpectedly when working with young people;
- Dyslexia can often be used as a catch-all term that neglects the impact of brain injury or other medical condition that impacts on learning. Our expert will talk about recognising and addressing learning difficulties;
- Lunchtime will include the Dreamstore Active Awards;
- The afternoon will be dedicated to examining various ways in which voluntary groups organise and what we can learn from their experiences about establishing angling as a voluntary activity.